8.2.08

Balaão

22:22
God displayed anger because Balaam was so anxious to go,
and an angel of God planted himself in the road to oppose him.
Balaam was riding on his donkey, accompanied by his two boy servants.

22:23
When the donkey saw God's angel standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand,
the donkey went aside from the road into the field.
Balaam beat the donkey to get it back on the road.

22:24
God's angel then stood in a narrow path through the vineyards,
where there was a fence on either side.

22:25
When the donkey saw God's angel,
it edged over to the side,
crushing Balaam's foot against the wall.
Balaam beat it even more.

22:26
God's angel continued ahead of Balaam,
and he stood in a narrow place,
where there was no room to turn right or left.

22:27
When the donkey saw God's angel,
it lay down refusing to budge for Balaam.
Balaam lost his temper,
and beat the donkey with a stick.

22:28
God then gave the donkey the power of speech,
and it said to Balaam,
'What have I done to you that you beat me these three times?'

22:29
'You have been playing games with me!' shouted Balaam at the donkey.
'If I had had a sword in my hand just now,
I would have killed you!'

22:30
The donkey replied to Balaam,
'Am I not your old donkey? You have been riding on me as far back as you remember.
Have I ever been in the habit of doing this to you?'
'No,' replied Balaam.


22:31
God then gave Balaam the ability to see,
and he perceived the angel standing in the road,
with a drawn sword in his hand.
Balaam kneeled and prostrated himself on his face.

Dos Números

1 comentário:

Convento dos Capuchos

palmas das mãos nestas pedras de musgo afago o teu fôlego neste claustro oh Deus do fresco da capela me arrepia o teu sopro do teu cla...