4.7.10

Electrelane - The Valleys







I heard it from the valleys
I heard it ringing in the mountains
(repeat verse)
Robert when I drowse tonight,
skirting lawns of sleep to chase,
shifting dreams in mazy light,
somewhere then I'll see your face.
Turning back to bid me follow,
where I wag my arms and hollow,
over hedges hasting after,
crooked smile and baffling laughter,
we know such dreams are true.

He's come back, all mirth and glory,
--Running tireless, floating, leaping
--down your web-hung woods & valleys
--where the glow worm stars are peeping.
Like a prince in a fairy story
--Till I find you, quiet as a stone,
--on a hilltop all alone, staring outward,
--gravely pondering, jumbled leagues
--of hillock wandering.

Winter called him far away
--You and I have walked together
--in the starving winter weather.
--We've been glad because we knew
--time's too short and friends are few.
Blossoms bring him home wiht May
--We've been sad, because we missed
--one whose yellow head was kissed
--by the gods who thought about him
--til they couldn't do without him.
Now he's here again,
standing in a wood that swings.
To the madrigal he sings.

And I'm sure as here I stand,
that he shines through every land,
that he sings in every place,
where we're thinking of his face.

While we know, such dreams are true...



Com a ajuda do Vidal Sasson - A Letter Home

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Convento dos Capuchos

palmas das mãos nestas pedras de musgo afago o teu fôlego neste claustro oh Deus do fresco da capela me arrepia o teu sopro do teu cla...